Friday, January 26, 2007

Communities of Practice update

As regular readers may be aware, we've started a new Community of Practice for Policy and Performance on the IDeA's Community of Practice platform at www.communities.idea.gov.uk
Each month, I round up contributions to our CoP for an internal newsletter, but there's no reason I can't share it here.

January highlights from the Policy and Performance Community of Practice

You do need to be registered in the Policy and Performance Community of Practice, but registration is easy and immediate. Join us at www.communities.idea.gov.uk

And - there was a late entry, too which I didn't manage to round up. The IDeA offers training on Communities of Practice facilitation and my colleague Vicki Goddard (who frequently provides me with Friday Funday fodder) has just come back from her training and started blogging immediately. And why did she do it? To impress me...

My colleague Ingrid Koehler swears by all this, especially the ease of it all, so practicing using the Communities of Practice platform will help me impress her(!), means I can upload content because I want to, not because I'm being (well-intentionally!) 'nudged' into it(!!,) and enable us to work more together on these ways of working and enhance the work we do.

I wonder who she's talking about with the good-natured nudging? Can't be me, as I downright harass and harangue!


Back to main page

No comments: