Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year

I hope you all were able to enjoy a nice break. I certainly did. The New Year is a time for reflection, prediction, wishes and resolutions.

Today's Guardian has a couple of New Year type features.

The first is a public policy wish list with desires ranging from more public loos to flexible working for everyone.

The second is set of public sector predictions for the coming year. I don't think the first prognostication will surprise anybody:

The year to come is likely to bring a squeeze on public-sector budgets - and see the beginning of a sea change in the way services are delivered.


So what about you? What do you predict for the New Year? What would be your greatest wish? Have you made any workplace resolutions - are you planning big changes in the way you'll be doing things?

I've been thinking a lot about the promised reduction of performance indicators and the reduced demand of information from Government and inspectors. I wish their promise comes true in the genuine spirit in which I think it was intended. But I predict some friction and compromise before the year is out.


Back to main page

No comments: