Tuesday, October 10, 2006

novel collaboration

In my prevous post, I mentioned the IDeA publication The Man in the Caravan. Charles Leadbeater wrote it.

He's working on something else really cool, now. A book on collaboration, and he's taking a collaborative approach.

As I was researching and writing We-think over the past eighteen months and more, it became increasingly evident that I could not write a book about collaborative creativity in a traditional way. My argument is that creativity is invariably collaborative and that opportunities for largely self-organising creative collaboration are going up the whole time. Seems odd then not to apply that thinking to the book itself.
You can check out We-think here. This is a great idea, but it is a halfway between a traditional non-fiction book and a real collaborative project. And the comments I read so far were kinda negative because of that. But that's part of what you have to go through in the process of collaboration! (sometimes).

Via David Wilcox's Designing for a Civil Society.

Back to main page

No comments: