Friday, October 27, 2006

Transforming public services

Topics: improvement, collaborating, web 2.0, blogs, wikis

Will new technology support transformational change in the public sector? I don't know, but I do think that it will change the way that we work - and that some of that will definitely be for the better.

My personal experience of using the collaborative website PM Partner - a wiki - and this blog has been really positive. It has really helped me to organise my thoughts, my notes and the things I read in a more constructive way.

Demos is looking at whether new technology - sometimes described as the Web 2.0 approach - will be supporting transformational change in the public sector. And they're doing it in a Web 2.0 kinda way. Simon Parker writes:

Ever wanted to help write a Demos report? Me and Niamh are editing a collection called The Collaborative State, which is full of references to how blogs and wikis are going to transform the way the public sector works. So we thought we'd see if they can also transform the way we work. Click here to be transported to our new project wiki, where we'll publish some of the essays and case studies over the next few months.


Back to main page

No comments: