Friday, December 15, 2006

Get in on it now!

According to IT think-tank and consultancy Gartner, blogging is set to peak in 2007. So that means if you get into the act now, you'll still be ahead of the curve.

I've always thought that blogging - keeping a web log or online diary - is an excellent way of keeping a learning log or a record of lessons as you progress through projects, meet new professionals and are exposed to new ideas. Personally, I find it an invaluable way of maintaining my "written memory".

It does take a little bit of guts to start one up..."what will I say?", "will anyone be interested?", "what if I make a load of mistakes?", "what if I go too far?" But after you get over the inital hesitation, it's actually quite good.

Anyone can start a blog - and it doesn't cost anything either. This blog is hosted for free by Blogger at www.blogger.com But the IDeA also hosts blogs within our communities of practice space. Blogs there are a little more private - you publish your thoughts only to like-minded practitioners. Get signed up at www.communities.idea.gov.uk and take a look around for communities that interest you. For example why not join the communities I help facilitate - Policy & Performance and Performance Management.


Back to main page

No comments: