Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The smell of printer's ink

Regular readers will know that my other project is the Performance, Management, Measurement and Information project. We're publishing 2nd editions of our popular guides to performance management for councillors and officers next week. I got the copies back from the printer today. None of the other contributors were around today, so I got to rip open the box and break the first spine.

I have to say that there's almost nothing more exciting than getting publications back from the printer. They even have a not unpleasant fresh-off-the-press smell. Even though I'm also currently re-doing the whole of our performance management resource on IDeA Knowledge www.idea.gov.uk/performance (new content launched next Tuesday) and I know that over the long haul, many more people will look at the website than buy the book, clicking the "publish" button just isn't the same as holding a hard-copy in my grubby little paw.

Back to main page

No comments: